Lattitude

If you don't love what you are doing at work or hate the place or even the people you're working with, what should you do? The answer - NOTHING! You can't do anything about it... not unless you HELP YOURSELF. I've been thinking of this 'issue' ever since I got a job. I mean honestly this isn't actually what I like to do, but as other people say 'grab it, it's an oppurtunity' (yah right!). As I was saying, I don't love doing machine progs because simply I'm not good at it. But do I have a choice? Of course I do have a choice... its just that I have already started it and its kinda late and hard for me to change another course. But the thing is, even though I'm not relatively happy on what I'm doing right now I'm thinking that why not take it as a challenge, to see if I can get through with it, who knows I can improve my techie skills someday. This is what I mean of helping yourself out, if you don't love it then just take it as I challenge to yourself (you against the world). And for me that what makes life more cool. As an example, I'm attempting now to write a sensible article, which I'm not good at and I don't know if I'm making a good and rational article in a journalist's perspective or even if I'm getting the attention of you as a reader. hehehe

Anyway talking about opportunities, what exactly is the real sense of it? From a general perspective, it is a possibility of different favorable circumstances. But in my personal standpoint, opportunity for me is the choices we make for every circumstance. It is the result of our decisions that create opportunities (did I make sense?). I remember what my Partner said during a team dinner, 'you should shake the tree in order for the fruit to fall down'. In my personal opinion, opportunities are created not to be waited. But you can't just shake the tree unless the fruit is nearly ripe coz it won't fall down anyway since it's still firmly attached to the branch (not unless sinungkit mo, malamang malalaglag talaga yun). In another words, opportunities should also be in a right time and as well as in a right place.

Another story to tell (bear with me, I love telling stories), I just found out right now while writing this article that one of my close colleagues that works more than a year at it-should-not-be-named-company will be promoted from junior software engineer to team lead (that's from entry level to the 4th level) which means she accelerated 2 positions (galing noh!). But apparently she told that she didn't accept the offer (tsk tsk tsk). Technically for me it is not an opportunity at all that she missed, instead just a prospect offer. Opportunity comes when she accepted the offer because it should not be associated with hesitation then later regrets, right? So I talked to her and tell her that she should accept it coz I believe in her and she had what it takes to lead a team. Eventually, natauhan naman sya and she accepted the 'opportunity'. I usually called her coach coz she's my mentor but since she will be promoted, TL na tawag ko sa kanya. Congratz coach este TL na pala, you deserved it! (so where are we going to celebrate?). I think handling opportunity is not that hard as it seemed. I know it is associated with lots of responsibilities blah blah blah but all you should have is a proper positive attitude and that's all you need to stay in the right track.

To wrap this all up, we are the one who makes our opportunities; it is not by fate or luck or whatsoever you may called or neither anyone else. So stop thinking that you don't love what you're doing right now or you can't do it, instead think out something that will make you stand out above the rest (but always stay your feet on the ground) and MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Rest assured you're gonna love it eventually. I hope I made a sensible article, if not then get the hell out of here (hehehe). Ayus ba?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home